- Are booq products waterproof? Many of our bags are made from polyurethane-backed ballistic nylon, which is water-repellent and will protect against the elements. However, seams and zippers are not entirely waterproof and thus contents cannot be guaranteed to stay completely dry in extremely heavy rainfall.
- How do I obtain a sample for review purposes? If you would like to write a review about one of our products, we ask that you please Contact Us. Please include some links to published laptop bag, style or IT reviews for major (online) publications you have written. Please understand that we have a limited quantity of PR samples, and thus our PR agency may not be able to meet your needs. While we appreciate your interest in writing about our products, many paying customers regularly contribute to blogs and websites of all types and traffic volumes.
- Why booq? Booq is all about those who value creative passion and promote creative ambition. We do not exist for those who fear change, nor do we work for those who resist it. The booq brand supports those who passionately work to inspire, initiate and create new ideas, sometimes against all odds and seemingly better judgment. We all know that the world's progress depends increasingly on creatives and creative professionals, and since it takes ambitious ideas to make the world a better place, booq wants to help move those big ideas wherever they need to go. The people behind booq know from their own experience, as many of our customers do, that relatively few truly ambitious ideas and dreams are the products of famous designers, respected thinkers and accomplished innovators but are products of yet unknown, unpublished creative individuals with a strong passion for being first, challenging the status quo, and pushing big ideas to see the light of day. Booq believes that the next generation of creative thinkers will produce the next generation of world leaders, and it is why we strive to create excellent ways to contain and carry the most ambitious ideas. Booq was founded by Thorsten Trotzenberg, a German native, product design graduate of Pasadena's Art Center College of Design, and founding partner of 3Gen LLC, now the world's leading maker of handheld skin cancer screening devices marketed under the DermLite brand. Booq started in 2002 as a garage operation based in Burbank, California, and the privately held family company moved to Sierra Madre, a creative community in the foothills above Los Angeles, in 2003. Run by a small team of highly motivated creative individuals who are committed to providing the highest level of product performance and service to some of the world's most ambitious and innovative individuals, it is our customer's creative work that gives us all the inspiration we need to stay focused and create great products. In turn, we hope that our work inspires others to do the same, and we look forward to helping you move your next ambitious idea farther for many years to come.
- About booq trademarks Trademarks owned by booq need to be protected through proper use, which helps promote our strong brand identity. 1. Sales Use: Only booq and its authorized resellers may use the booq logo & tab for sales purposes. 2. Referential Use: Everyone may use booq trademarks & logos when referring to booq or its products, provided the use reflects favorably on booq and its products. 3. Unauthorized Use: You may not: infringe on booq trademarks, use booq trademarks in a disparaging manner, apply booq trademarks to products, materials, web domains not licensed or authorized by booq, imply that booq supports third-party products or services when this is not the case, imitate booq trademarks or graphics. 4. Proper Use: At the beginning of a sentence, use the spelling Booq, in all other cases booq. For legal purposes, use Booq LLC without a comma, as in "Booq is a trademark of Booq LLC." The all-caps spelling BOOQ should be avoided. When referring to our brand or product names, always spell them exactly as displayed on our website. It is not acceptable to alter our trademarks and product names in any way, especially by separating combined words ("slimcase", not "slim case"), or using the plural or apostrophes, as we are trying to protect the trademark or product name in an unaltered form. So, no Taipans, Taipan slimcases, Taipan skins or Taipan skin's (ugh!), but Taipan bags, Taipan slimcase bags, or Taipan skin laptop sleeves. The Mamba Sling's (wrong) shoulder strap becomes the Mamba Sling shoulder strap. Just remember that trademarks are adjectives, not nouns. "Bag" is a noun, "booq" or "Mamba" the adjective. Booq's products become products made by booq, booq products, or simply booq bags. 5. Trademark Notice - U.S.: On communications used within the United States, use the correct trademark symbol the first time the trademark appears in the text (e.g. booq®), and use the following attribution: "_ _ _ _ is a trademark of Booq LLC." 6. Trademark Notice - Outside U.S.: On communications for use outside the United States, use the following attribution: "_ _ _ _ is a trademark of Booq LLC." For more information, Contact Us.
- Legal Information Booqeurope.com is operated by: Booq Europe Inh. Thorsten Trotzenberg Warthesteig 8 25813 Husum GERMANY Phone: +49 4841 82225 Fax: +49 4841 82212 email@example.com www.booqeurope.com Tax ID: DE226189223 Local Tax Office (our friends!): Husum, Germany Court of Corporate Registry: Amtsgericht Husum Husum Managing Director: Thorsten Trotzenberg Questions? Sales and marketing questions regarding delivery times, availability, etc. should be directed to the e-mail service at booqeurope.com. If you have questions or technical problems with the site please contact us through this HelpDesk. The Content of this Website Even though best efforts are made in maintaining pricing / availability information, individual articles may from time to time be provided with incorrect pricing or availability information. If the actual price of an article is lower than the stated price, we will charge you the lower price and send you the ordered titles without further consultation. If the actual price of an item is higher than the stated price, we will contact you and ask if we may still send you the article. LIABILITY FOR LINKS TO BOOQEUROPE.COM By decision of 12 May 1998 - 312 O 85/98 "Liability for links" - the District Court (LG) of Hamburg decided that one is responsible by placing a link on the contents of the linked pages if necessary. This, says the LG, can only be prevented by explicitly distancing oneself from these contents. Booq Europe hereby declares: Our site includes links to other websites. Booq Europe has no influence on the design and content of the linked pages. Booq Europe distances itself explicitly from all contents of sites to which we provide a link on our website. Booq Europe neither claims nor possesses ownership of the content of these pages. This statement applies to all links attached on our site. Last revision: 30.07.2011
- What stores sell booq products? Our bags are available from selected retailers worldwide. See our Store Locator for more information. If you are interested in becoming a booq authorized reseller, pleaseContact Us.
- Are booq products REACH compliant? The regulation (EG) no. 1907/2006 (REACH Regulation) is an EU-Chemical-Regulation that entered into force on 1st June 2007. REACH is the abbreviation of Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals. The purpose is a strong protection level of human health and the environment. Booq Europe, as a European importer of booq products, is liable for information towards the consumer. No materials from the current ECHA Candidate List are currently contained in our products to a degree >0.1 mass percent. We maintain intensive contact with our suppliers to continue to ensure that SVHC materials are not contained in our products. Should our products contain SVHC materials in the future, we will confirm to our customers that reporting requirements are being fulfilled. All products produced under the booq brand need not be pre-registered since no product contains SVHCs (substances of very high concern). We are thus not liable for registration of substances. Any chemical substances that are subject to registration and used during the manufacturing process are registered by our pre-suppliers. In case of further questions regarding the implementation of the REACH regulation in our company, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
- Do you offer quantity discounts? Yes, we do. If you are planning on purchasing ten or more bags, please contact customer care. There are no discounts for lower quantities. Please advise exact item number (SKU, see tab Specifications), shipping address, and the desired/latest delivery date.
- Do you have promotional codes or discounts? We tend to advertise in Mac and laptop-oriented publications, and we generally include a promotional code to track an ad's effectiveness. If you like our ad, use the promo code; if not, then don't.
Ordering & Shipping
- Can I pick up my order? Sorry, our headquarters or warehouse locations are not set up to receive customers. We encourage you to visit one of our selected retailers near you.
- When will my backordered item ship? The estimated ship date is listed on each product page. Please be aware that any backordered item in your order will hold up the entire order. We do not split orders unless you contact customer care via our Contact Form. Unfortunately, splitting an order will result in additional shipping charges.
- How can I make changes to my order? If your order has not been fulfilled, Contact Form immediately and we can make changes to your order. If it has already shipped and you require a change of address, we may be able to file a request with the shipper for you. Charges for an address correction start at $10 and cost much more for international shipments. If you need to make other changes, please place a new order and return the undesired order for a refund.
- I have a credit card processing error; what do I do? The 3-digit (Visa/MasterCard) or 4-digit (Amex) security code on the back of your credit card (front for Amex) may have been incorrectly entered, or you may have even exceeded your credit limit. Please try placing your order with the same or another card.
- General information about shipping Once we receive your payment against an in-stock order, we will forward your order to our fulfilment center in Osterrönfeld (northern Germany), at which time you will receive an email confirmation. Your order typically leaves our fulfillment center the following business day. We do not ship on public holidays in Germany, or between Christmas and the third business day in the new year. If your order is received prior to 7:00 am, there is a good chance it will be shipped out the same day. DHL Parcel (no tracking available) This most economical shipping method has transit times of: 1-2 days: Austria Benelux Denmark Germany 2-4 business days: United Kingdom France Switzerland Skandinavia Other Countries: 1-3 weeks. Times in transit may be greater for destinations outside the EU, and are subject to customs clearance delays beyond our control. Shipments within Germany can be tracked, but shipments to other countries cannot be tracked. Packages are actually delivered to your door by your national postal service or one of their partners, except for the UK: Please note: Due to occasionally excessive times in transit, Standard shipping service is NOT recommended for customers in Southern Europe (often 3-4 weeks until delivery). Instead, please choose: DHL International Express Choose this fast, reliable shipping method if you require delivery within 24-72 hours, worldwide. Once your tracking number is emailed to you, you may track your package at dhl.com. DHL International Express rates to EU destinations start at around EUR 45.00 for our smallest items. Shipping Costs within Germany Our online store calculates shipping costs by weight and destination country. The shopping cart displays the actual shipping fee for DHL Parcel shipments within Germany. Shipping Costs to other Countries Shipping costs for shipments to addresses outside Germany will be displayed in your shopping basket once you enter your address details. Compared to shipments within Germany, shipping costs within Europe increase by EUR 5.00 to EUR 10.00, with the exception of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Luxemburg and the Netherlands, where the increase is only about EUR 2.00, depending on exact order weight. Shipping costs for deliveries outside Europe are about EUR 20.00 higher. Cash on Delivery (COD) - "Nachnahme" This method is only available for deliveries within Germany, and increases your shipping cost by EUR 4.00. Unfortunately, DHL charges an additional EUR 2.00 at the time of delivery, to keep for themselves.
Returns & Replacements
- How do I exchange a product I purchased at booqbags.com? If you would like to exchange any product for another item, simply place a new order through our website and return any unwanted merchandise to us for a refund. You must request an RMA in order to return your product. Once we receive your return merchandise in new and unused condition, we will issue a refund less the shipping charges. You have 30 days from the date you receive your order to exchange your item. Please read our return policy before processing a return. Damaged, dirty or used merchandise CANNOT be refunded and will be returned to the customer at the customer's option and expense. We do not charge restocking fees; however, we do not refund any shipping costs. To receive a refund, please Contact Us for an RMA number. We will NOT be able to process your refund if you skip this step. Refunds are processed within 10 days of our receiving your return. Credit will be issued against your original method of payment. Please note: since we cannot be liable for lost packages that do not arrive at our warehouse, we recommend using a trackable shipping method.
- How do I submit pictures of my defective product? Your first step is to complete the Warranty Claim Form, which calls for: Photo of the defective area Upload one file or one zipped archive only. Your best chance to avoid having to send the bag to us. Proof of Purchase Only if you purchased your item from a reseller, upload a copy of invoice/receipt. Terralinq Serial Number This number is required for all bags that are equipped with this number. Sleeves & folios do NOT have one. Location & Type of Defect You should know what's wrong with the item. Don't worry, we'll give you a list of options. If your product is found to be defective, booq will replace your item and ship it back to you with free ground shipping (within Germany.). Please note that if we no longer have the exact same product, we would offer store credit, all in accordance with our Limited 5-Year Warranty